How to apply for EU Settled Status

By 06/02/2019July 23rd, 2019Tips

Are you an EU citizen living in the UK or do you work with people from the EU? Do you have European friends or family members?Did you know that EU citizens living in the UK have to apply for a new immigration status called settled status after the UK leaves the EU?


The UK will no longer be part of the EU, so all EU citizens currently living in the UK need to apply for settled status with the Home Office. You can apply using a smartphone or visit one of the Home Office’s support centres around the country. 

EU citizens must apply regardless of how long they have been here, whether they work or not or whether they have a British partner or children who are British.

It’s not only EU citizens who are affected by this change in immigration status. Family members of EU citizens also need to apply for settled status if they are not British. 

Here are some useful websites to find out more about the settled status scheme:

The UK government’s official information about the settled status scheme.

The EU Londoners Hub is an information portal which is part of the Major of London’s, ‘London is Open’ campaign, informing EU citizens about Brexit and the settled status scheme.

Here for Good is a charity providing free immigration advice to EU citizens and their family members living in the UK.

The3million represent EU citizens in the UK and aims to protect the lives of Europeans who have made the UK their home.

The European Commission in the UK informs EU citizens in the UK about relevant Brexit developments.

Please share this with anyone who needs to apply for settled status so they have all the information they need.

If you want to find out more about how to spread the message about the settled status scheme contact

Author Katherine Maxwell-Rose

More posts by Katherine Maxwell-Rose