Get into the summer and the Commonwealth Games by running, walking or cycling in the shape of a heart to show your support for refugees. Will you take up the challenge?
The Commonwealth Games is coming to Birmingham on Thursday. Why not get into the games and the summer weather by showing that you stand with people forced to flee war and persecution?
To take part in the #RunWithRefugees challenge, you can run, walk, cycle or swim in the shape of a heart to show your support for refugees. You can do it by yourself, or with friends. Then tag up to five people to nominate them for the challenge.
People are running the shape of a heart after the symbol of refugee support – an orange heart.
With the government (and our prospective new leaders) pushing through with plans to offshore innocent displaced people to Rwanda, the #RunWithRefugees challenge sends a clear message that the people of this country stand with refugees.
Take part in five steps
- Download a walking or running app such as Strava, Nike or Coopah.
- Walk, run, cycle or swim in the shape of the heart. As you can see from Refugee Week 2022 Ambassador Ali Ghaderi’s heart below, it doesn’t have to be perfect. And you can go as fast or as slow as you like.
- Share on any social media platforms that you are active on with the hashtags #RunWithRefugees and #B2022.
- On Twitter, tag @IMIX, @CityofSanctuary and @RefugeeTogether so we can share your work far and wide.
- Tag up to five family members, friends or colleagues to take up this challenge. You can even complete the challenge together.
Complete the challenge and get premium running app Coopah for free.
While you can use any running app you like, we’ve partnered with running app Coopah for anyone who’s taking part in the #RunWithRefugees challenge to get a free month’s trial.
You can free access to features such as a personalised running plan, 24/7 access to a coach, chat groups with a community of similar runners and access to hundreds of pounds of free rewards.
To download Coopah:
Download the Coopah app from the App Store or Google Play store.
Enter ‘COOPAHX1’ in the club code box
Start following your personalised training plan
Happy running – we can’t wait to see your hearts. And don’t forget to tag your mates!
This is suppose to be my heart
I am not sporty but it doesn't matter when you have an important message. Show love, not hate #RunWithRefugees #B2022 and I will nominate @AlfDubs and @sabir_zazai to run/walk/cycle in a heart-shaped path and post their photo.
Thanks @Theweesparrow pic.twitter.com/sDrN7qvfE3
— Ali Ghaderi (@AlighaderiUK) July 16, 2022